Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Favourite Food Hangouts


Hello, im back to my desk after an awesome dinner! and yes I am gonna brag about it. Well no im not gonna brag about me having an awesome dinner, but about the place where I got the dinner from! Yes Im talkin about FOOD! after a much awaited break, I got back hunting to my Favourite Food Hangouts. Today I am gonna share one of my Favourite place - Sadichha.

Yes its Bandra with one of its best Landmarks! Sadichha

Sadichha is an authentic Malwani / Konkani food place. And is famous for Seafood specialties as well as chicken sukkha and mutton sukka delicacies. In short its a perfect place for Non-Vegetarians like me :) yea thats a big wide grin!

The food here consists of authentic Malwani food! yes its 100% marathi coastal food! And its fun.

We have been to Sadichha several times and that helps me write about most of the food that I have tasted here. Cos you just cant have it all at one go, they have an awesome variety.

To begin with I would like to tell you about the starters, well starters would not be the right word, cos this term does not exist in Marathi food. Anways, to start of with I would recommend the Prawns Koliwada Fry or Jawla Fry (Yes thats the correct spelling of Jawla). The prawns here are real good with the spicy masala which ignites you to taste more of the food here.

Sadichha serves very good Fish Delicacies, So if you are going to start, id suggest you some Halwa Fry and Surmai Masala. Well if you choose chicken/mutton, then you can opt the Chicken/Mutton Sukkha. The sukkha chicken/mutton is to die for. Shimply masala or Tisrya masala, known commonly as shellfish is a treat out here. They also serve authentic kolhapuri chicken known as kolhapuri kombdi. If you are a crab fan, then Khekda masala is the dish for you. Crabs with authentic coastal preparation is a dish you need to have with both your hands digged in the place to break open the crab and enjoy the crab flesh with the mouth watering masala.

Fish delicacies like Surmai Masala, Pomfret Masala, Stuff Pomfrets with Solkadi is a bliss! I am sure by now you must be all desperate to have some real good fish. ALl these heavenly delicacies can be enjoyed with Bhakri, Chapati and the chicken can also be enjoyed with Kombadi wade. Yes the food out here is to die for, so what are you waiting for? Go try it all out there! Here is the traditional board which had all the items and specials of the day! Enjoy!

No comments: